Are demons real?

I am not asking this to start a debate and I don't want the answer your pastor gave you last Sunday. I want to know YOUR opinion.

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that there are dark entities in both the world of the living (like a father who beats his infant to death) and the Other Side (negative spirits). But I also believe in light entities like angels and spirit guides or visiting family members who provide protection. I read a book by a witch who believes we all have BOTH inside us and that's the source of demon possession. I have my doubts. I generally believe that religion implants the notion of demons and people's subconcious does the rest. So I guess this is both a yes and a no answer!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I believe in a way yes
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yep!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't believe they are real. I feel that the whole Satan/demons/hel part of Chritianity was put there by religious leaders who wanted a way to better control their congregation. That mean that I don't respect anyone else's opinion.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes. I believe they are earth bound spirits that have never seen heaven.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Answered at 1:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 by: spiritguide_23 I don't believe they are real. I feel that the whole Satan/demons/hel part of Chritianity was put there by religious leaders who wanted a way to better control their congregation. -Ashley

I don't believe in hell either, but i do believe in demons (oh, Lord, I'm gonna get bashed for that one, LOL). But then, I don't believe they actually come from Hell either.

That mean that I don't respect anyone else's opinion.

Um, did that come out right? LOL

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i believe they are, the ones that are evil spirits that do evil things to you to kick you out of your/thier house.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I believe there are earthbound spirits (ghosts) and some of them may be "evil" but they can't do you any harm unless you let them. I do not believe in demons or the devil or anything like that. I DO believe in angels and guardians though.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 2:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes yes I do.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think they are.

Answer by louise2 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009