i am getting Mirena put in me today and I have questions for thoes how have it.

*Will the do a pregnancy test before they do it?
*How do you like it?
*Has it changed your body?

Thanks for your time =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• * yes they will take a test

* yes i love it, but everyone is different

*my periods are less frequent, & very lite. I enjoy that.

I would recommend taking some motrin before you go in. You don't have to, but it is supposed to help w/ cramping afterwards & w/ the insertion. I did not take it though, & i was fine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i dont think or remember them doing any pregnancy tests before they put it in nor blood tests.

i love my mirena, i actually took it out the first time to get pregnant again before my 5 years was up on it, and had no problems getting pregnant now i have it in again!

the only changing it did on my body is that i either dont have my periods or its just a few drops by that time of the month and it goes away after the first day. it didnt change anything else.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ok well maybe they do a pregnancy test...lol i was wrong!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• was there any weight gain? I heard Mirena was great but I am scared of the weight gain lol and I was going for the 10 year copper but I heard it was bad for your body.
    Anonymous

• I remember them doing a test, and thank God i wasnt pregnant..haha. But i have had a bit of a problem. I dont know if it is just normal or if its just me. They said bleeding may be irregular the first few months but ive had it for about 3 or 4 i cant remember exactly but i have pretty much bled constantly. It hasnt been heavy bleeding, and its stopped once and then started again after a few days. I would really like to know if i need to take it out or not.lol..but for the most part most women i know that have it love it and wouldnt have it taken out for anything.!!!
    landonsmommy709

Answer by landonsmommy709 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I dont remember a pregnancy test.

I like it but am still paraniod that it will fail and i will get pregnant. We are done w/2 boys.

Periods are irregular after having it for 1.5 years. Seems like sometimes I have one every 2 weeks. Maybe I should start keeping track .

Take Motrin before you go. Uncomfortable yes. I bled for a few days afterwards. And cramps.Thats just me though.
    my2turkeys

Answer by my2turkeys at 3:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I got it at 8 weeks pp, I had just finished bleeding from that, then I bled off and on, mostly just spotting for a good three months, definatly take some motrin before. I've gained 5 lbs on it so far, but according to the doc that's just me indulging my cravings from the hormones :)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I just had one put in at the Beginning of January

They DID do a prego test
    I have had no problems with it.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ok ladies I just came back from my OB's office and it was not that bad. I mean It kinda hurt a bit and I am bleeding.
    Anonymous