Are you a spiritualist? Inspired by spiritguide_23's questions ;-)

Do you consider yourself to be a spiritualist? If so, what are your religious beliefs? Do you find yourself leaning more toward or away from God because of your beliefs?

I consider myself to be a Christian spiritualist.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am guess since I am the one who inspired this question I should answer it. lol. I am a spiritualist. I believe that there is a Father God AND a Mother God. I believe that there are angels and that our souls move on to another dimension when we die. I believe that we all have a spiritguide (hence my screenname) and that we all have angels that watch and protect us. I do not believe there is a hell. I do believe there is a holding place for dark spirits, but for the most part, they are automatically reborn (yes, I believe in a form of reincarnation). And I don't think that I am any farther from god then any other soul on this planet is. None of us will know the truth of what is to come until we die, and by then, I think I will be too happy with where I am to come back here and tell everyone else what is coming. lol.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i'm not a spiritualist but want some clarification as to the meaning - does a spiritualist believe that the spirits of the the dead can be contacted etc. (maybe more but is that the basic belief).. either by mediums or a person themselves?
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Answered at 2:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 by: bonn777
    i'm not a spiritualist but want some clarification as to the meaning - does a spiritualist believe that the spirits of the the dead can be contacted etc. (maybe more but is that the basic belief).. either by mediums or a person themselves?

That is a big part of the spiritualist beliefs. But for the most part, I believe that only the earthbound spirits (those that haven't passed on or "crossed over") can be contacted.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am a spiritual person, believing in both Mother and Father God. I trust my spirit guide, Christy, with everything. I have had countless experiences which have further cemented my belief in the spirit world and other side.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• For those of you that have spirit guides,

How did you first form contact with them? Did you seek them out or did they seek you? Do you think everyone has this ability or only certain people?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am a very spriitual person also I believe that God and Jesus are two different persons they are spriits and that God who is Jehovah and his sonlove us very much and that they have a plan for us here on the earth to destroy the devil and his demons and make the world a better place for us the bible says that the world is in the power of the wicked one . that is way we are haveing so many problems on the earth.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 5:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Spiritualist - that sounds like such a funny word to me, I don't know why. :) But yes, I consider myself very spiritual. LOL. I believe in a Mother and Father GOD, that the Christ lies within us all and we only need to recognize it, my spirit guide's name is Sandy, I have seen my angels and my animal guide (wolf), I believe in reincarnation and that we never cease to exist.

Jennijune - You can meet your spirit guide through meditation. Ask out loud before starting that you wish to meet him/her and then create a space in your thoughts to meet (like a tree or by a stream or something like that) and just allow your guide to come to you. This may not happen right away and you may have to attempt this visitation for a few days before you actually get results but they WILL come.

"There is only GOD and all else is a lie" - H. Emilie Cady
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009