I want a baby so bad

My husband and I married after dating for 4 weeks. We didn't talk about having kids. He is 33 and has 3 children of his own. I am 24, we have been together for 3 years and I really want to have a child with him. Every time I bring it up he says he doesn't want to right now. How long do I wait and can I convince him that now is the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Is it possible that he just doesn't WANT to have kids? Maybe he feels like his family is complete now. What made DH and I decide to have a baby together was the fact that we felt like we needed OUR child for our family to be complete ( he has two and I have one - together we have one, so four total, LOL.)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Now may be the time for you but it might not be for him. You can't make him do something he doesn't want to do. But you need to sit down and have an open mind while discussing this with him. He already has 3 children to support financially and emotionally. That's a challenge by itself but adding another one to that might be tough for him. You need to hear him out and listen to why he doesn't want to have another one right now. Don't try and talk him into it, just listen. Then, maybe you can come up with a compromise.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i got married when i was 23 and he was 33 he also had 3 kids living with us and at the begining he didnt want a baby but i talk to him and told him that it was selfish of him, he was the one that has 3 kids not me that i want it one of my own I always help him with his kids i knew he had them so i care for them I think he didnt want me to stop working because he needed the help he didnt want to bother his exwife we finally try and now i have a beautifull girl and let me tell you its the best part of my life it made all that hard times worth it the kids are now all grown up and i have my year old daughter that loves me and shes my life soo dont giveup on wanting to have a baby its not fare
    R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009