poo

my sons been having bowel movements but they're little balls liek a deer sometimes bigger, brown, but no regular terds. hes almost two....is something wrong with him? hes not fussin over a tummy ach or anything like that.

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd is 16 months and every so often she has a few days of the same thing. I think it's because she doesn't drink as much, i am weaning her off daytime bottles. I think it's normal
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 3:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think its fine as long as they aren't complaining about it in anyway. My daughter gets that kinda poo sometimes but she is still pooping daily and isn't having a hard time, so I'm sure she is fine.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• how much water is he getting during the day? he could be not getting enough, the more water and liquids a person gets a day the softer and regular the poo and vice versa...
    if he doesn't seem to have a tummy ache then he just probably needs more water :)

hope this helps
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 3:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son does that alot!!! Doesn't particularly mean they aren't getting the right nutrition though. It doesn't usually matter what my son has during the day whether its veggies, meat, or whatnot he still does that sometimes. Sometimes milk will just make them have a harder poo. But as long as he/she isn't complaining or crying when trying to have a bowel movement it is fine! My daughter also did this for a long time. I think sometimes it may have something to do with their metabolism, Cause both of my kids are really tiny and dainty, and can eat and eat and never gain alot of weight. I mean they look totally healthy and have meat on their bones! haha. But they are just small framed. That could be the issue.
    mesmerizing2008

Answer by mesmerizing2008 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009