How do you keep a 20 month to sleep through the night in her OWN bed?!?

Any response is appreciated, I'm so tired!

Savsmama07

Asked by Savsmama07 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well with my son it took my hubby repetedly taking him back in there. It took about 3 nights of getting up and down with him and he finally just slept through the night. Its been about 4 months and I haven't had a problem with it since.
    ladyraven16

Answer by ladyraven16 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree with taking her back to her own bed. You will get more sleep getting up to take her back rather than trying to sleep with her in your bed (been there done that!). Also, I would begin reading asleeptime book over and over about staying in her own bed (and talking to her about it as well)  There are some good ones for kids as well as good books for parents about getting kids to sleep through the night...  http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thank you!
    Savsmama07

Answer by Savsmama07 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine is still in her crib. *L* That's the only thing I know. I am scared to death to put her in her toddler bed for fear that neither she nor we will ever sleep again. Good luck, mama!
    jenthegreat

Answer by jenthegreat at 8:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had the same issue with my daughter and learned to not do the same with my second child, It wasn't until she was 6 years old that she really got used to sleeping in her own bed, And sometimes still ask's to sleep with mommy and daddy! I would try starting out with putting their bed mattress beside your bed for a couple nights to let them get used to the feel of sleeping in their own bed, If he/she crawls in the bed with you at night put them back in their bed. It's something that you are going to have to work with for a while, after about the 2nd or 3rd night move the bed in to their very own room. Don't be surprised if your child gets out of bed "Many" times, Stick to your guns and keep putting him/her back in their room. Eventually they will get tired of it and realize that you aren't going to change your mind. And they will get used to the fact of sleeping in their own bed. They will probably cry but stick to your guns!
    mesmerizing2008

Answer by mesmerizing2008 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009