Gallbladder removal side effects (kinda TMI)

So ever since I had my gallbladder removed, after I eat *most* things I have diarreha. I looked online and it was confirmed that chronic diarreha is a side effect of having your gallbladder removed (GREAT =/) Does anyone else have this? How do you deal with it? I was thinking of maybe taking fiber supplements or increasing my fiber intake to harden the stools..or taking digestive enzymes/vitamins to help in the digestive procress and hopefully help resolve the problem. Do you think that'll help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• Can't help you..Did you ask your doctor for advice on this subject??

Answer by louise2 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If the food you eat are high in fat it will cause GI upset, nausea, vomiting diarreha. Most people can not eat the same foods they ate before having it removed because of this. Talk to your Dr first then look at your diet.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had mine out about 2 1/2 years ago. I did have the chronic diarreha problem for a few months. Like...after everytime that I ate...anything!
    I definately would NOT take the fiber supplement without talking to a doctor first. I would think that fiber could aggrevate the problem (since they give fiber to people who have chronic constipation problem to help lossen the stools).
    I also agree with the PP about looking at your diet. Anytime that I eat anything that's greasy or fried, I am running to the bathroom within about 10 minutes. It also happens if I eat too much or too fast.
    I highly recommend talking to your doctor, and GOOD LUCK!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my mom does but only with some foods. She jsut gets home as fast as she can! :)
    Anonymous