• In the Spotlight:

appetite ???

im 7 months prego and as of lately i have been having loss of appetite...maybe 1 meal a day...i just dont feel like eating...does anyone have any idea of why this is happening to me??is this normal??am i hurting my baby??in need of answers please..:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat when you can, and eat something healthy. I am feeling the same. I can't eat a lot at one time, I think it's because the baby is sitting on your stomach.. or something of that sort..you have less room in there now.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm 7 months and the same way. Its cause that baby is pushing up on your stomach and taking up all the room! LOL! Just try to eat a healthy snack every few hours.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• this happened to me too. My midwife acted as if i was starving my baby to death. SHE WAS FRIGGEN HUGE!!!! Anyway, i think it's normal. I've heard a lot of moms that have loss if appetite at the end of the pregnancy. Maybe your body is probably saying "hey! Your baby is huge already, you sure you want to go vaginal here?"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm only at 5 months and I get that way too. Somedays I'm eating everything in sight and others nothing at all. This is crazy!
    prudie77

Answer by prudie77 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The baby is taking up lots of room, leaving you with hardly any for your meals. I did this my first pregnancy at 7 months along. I knew I still had to eat-for me and the baby, so I ate tiny amounts of food every couple hours so it would be split up and I'd have room for it. Also, I drank a lot of apple juice and ate lot of fruit so my food would pass sooner and I wouldn't have that bloating issue.
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2009