Do you have any good slumber party ideas?

My daughter wil turn 8 soon and wants to have a slumber party. We have picked a luau theme. Do you have any fun, fairly cheap activities, games, crafts, food ideas, etc. ?

1plustwinsmommy

Asked by 1plustwinsmommy at 3:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• How about Pedis and Manis, girl movies, chocolate, popcorn, cupcakes, pizza...sounds like fun.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Not sure if you're willing or able to do this but for my 16th b-day I had a sleepover. My parent's said it was a funky pj sleepover and they would have a surprise for us. We were dressed rediculously and eventually fell asleep waiting for the surprise. About 6am they woke us up and blindfolded us and put us in the car. We wern't allowed to brush our teeth, change or anything. They drove around the city for a bit and then stopped. When we were all out of the cars and took our blindfolds off we found ourselves in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant. We were going out for breakfast! We were embarassed but had a ton of fun!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i know a fun game! 8 year olds seem to love it. cut a bunch of strips of paper to write on. then write things like,..."hand to knee" "elbow to nose" etc just make things up. then put them in a bowl to draw. have the kids partner up and draw. if you draw "hand to hand" you have to hold the paper between the hands. keep drawing and putting the paper inbetween until one falls. the pair that held the most papers in the correct spots wins. its kinda like a really cheap twister with a partner.
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• For a Luau theme..... 1) Limbo 2) make seashell jewlry 3) frozen pineapple/coconut drinks, 4)divide the girls into groups, give them fake hair, make up, old jewlry and let them "make over" a coconut into a woman....the prettiest (or ugliest) wins a small prize 5)make your own lais out of tissue paper and yarn 6) have a surfing contest (boogey board or surf board) placed between two chairs, play music and have the girls show their best moves (award a winner)
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I like the luau ideas mentioned in the above post. Take a picture of your daughter in luau clothes mail it with the invitation...tell the girls to dress the same. Kids love fondue...I would do a chocolate fondue with pineapple/strawberry/marshmellow/angel food cake. You could make pina colada or blue hawaiin drinks w/o the alchohol. Check out some of the things for slumber parties (fake tatooes, books, gifts) Click on the Slumber Party Link  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had SO much fun with slumber parties when I was little. These moms have some great ideas...to add to the invitation appeal, you could always wash out some bottles to put the invites in. Also, we used to do our own version of Super Sloppy Double Dare when I was younger...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009