• In the Spotlight:

Our bed or her own bed?

My hubby wants our new dog to sleep in our bed i want her to have her own.
what do you do whats better?
My in laws had 2 dogs sleep in the bed well the got big and pushed my mother in law out of the bed so she sleeps in the guest room lol. The last time I shared a bed with a dog my dh dog wouldnt stop snoring! She snored louder than him!! I dont think I want that to happen again!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 3:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pets

• I would not do it. Dogs should not be in a humans bed. It's gross, & its uncomfortable. Tell him to sleep with the dogs on the floor if he wants to sleep w/ them so bad.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Hey please dont diss the dogs,mine is very clean,he is a teacup poodle,and probably cleaner than most humans,I have him in my bed, not the hubby.lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have a 60+ pound Boxer, he has his own very nice bed and blanket on the floor and gets tucked in every night. There is no way I would be able to sleep with him and my husband in a queen sized bed. It is all up to you, and your personal preference. If you both can't agree, it would be best for the dog to have her own bed though...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Teach her to sleep on her bed right beside your bed so when you stick your arm over the side you can pet her. You can calm her if she cries, poke her if she snores, or whatever, and she's within touch, but not right ON the bed.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My dogs do have thier own kenel but they also sometimes sleep in my bed. my love is often out working and i feel beter knowing my dogs are out to protect me, if anyone tried to break in... my dogs would let me know and corner them, they do not appreciate unwanted company
    Anonymous

• My bed is for me, the dogs have their own place. No matter their size or how clean they are. My dogs won't even use a bed they like the hardwood floor or outside on the trampoline. Try one night on the bed and one night off see what works out best for you guys.
    vballaj

Answer by vballaj at 7:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My dogs have 4 beds and a sofa in our house...the animals don't even come in our room or DD's room. Those are the only 2 places where we don't have hair and i wouldl ike to keep it that way.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my 85lb dog sleeps with me and so do my 2 6lbs'ers...mind you its just me in my bed..but still..lol..if i ever do find a man, the dogs will be booted out..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'd get the dog his/her own bed. I would have loved to have my dog sleep in our bed and now I'm so happy my husband said no way. He's a black lab, 110 lbs, and snores so loudly! We have a king and I bet I still would end up on the floor.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the breed of dog. I've done both. Growing up, my dog slept on bed with me. My dogs now both snore like you wouldn't believe so they share a crate in the kitchen. And I still hear the Boston sometimes! Pets in bed is like co-sleeping with your kids - both parents need to agree to do it.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 11:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009