What's going on??? TMI I kno but really...???

I'm like 15 days from my due date. The dr said I should have him sometime in the next 5 days. Ive had contractions on & off 4 the past 2 1/2 days. The 1st day it was non-stop really bad contractions that started @ noon & lasted until 4:30 in the morning. Then they were on & off 4 like 24 hours. Now I have then again but they come like every couple hours. I've been walking alot & my crotch literally feels like it is on fire. I don't understand what is going on. Is my water gonna break?? What's going on???

Browneyeshch

Asked by Browneyeshch at 3:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• uh you are in labor 5 min. apart get to the hospital!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Ive been having that to u just have to wait and see i went in for so much pain with another one and they said lets go ahead and induce u lol
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 3:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• When my water broke I didnt feel anything different. I didnt know my water broke till I felt the warmth running down my legs. I dont think doctors can ever tell you when your going to have a baby unless you are having a c-section. I went to the doctor on a tuesday at 4:30pm and was told that my body was no wear near ready to give birth and at 9:15am the next morning, my water broke at work. When my doctor got to the hospital I asked him '"What the hell, you told me my body was no where near ready." He laughed at me and said "Well your body wasnt but your baby was." I think you may be getting close but dont be upset if the 5 days come and go and still no baby. My friend was having similar things like you and she went another 3 weeks (1 week past her due date). Hang in there, not to much longer before you hold your little one. Good luck with it all!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If you are having contractions 5 min or less apart for 30 minutes straight- that you can't talk through then get to the hospital.

But if you think you could benefit from going in now then do it. The worst that will happen is they will tell you that you aren't ready and they'll send you home.

Baby's will come when they come regardless of when doctor's predict.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i have given birth to 4 children and i remember that my private area seemed liked it was also on fire and lots of pressure,so u should be a mommy real soon good luck try sitting in some cool 2 warm water it helped me
    Sweet24h

Answer by Sweet24h at 3:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• For you to be in real labor, your contractions must be getting stronger and more frequent. When they're all over the place, they usually call them Braxton Hicks contractions. You wont have a long constant contraction that lasts for hours, that and the burning is more likely from the baby's head making it's way down the birth canal. If they keep getting stronger and more frequent, go right in to your OB! The least they'll do is hook you up to a fetal monitor and see how the contractions really are and if you're dialated. They may have you walk around for an hour and come back to see if anything has progressed. But don't feel dumb to just go in and make sure!
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009