Do you or anyone you know have HPV? They say 1 in every 2 people has it even if they don't know....Its scary. I got it after 1 partner, guess I picked the wrong one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• I also got it after one partner, what luck we have... Just make sure you get the pap smears as they suggest them, i did mine every 6 months for 2 years to make sure i didnt have any abnormal growth. now i am back to once a year. its true it is very common but its good that you are aware of it so you can try to prevent further harm
    Anonymous

• I did have it...one of the strians that causes cervical cancer. I had it removed, then about 3 years later, had it again!
    It is supposedly very common, but most women don't know they have it, since some strains don't cause any symptoms.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 3:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was told i had it from one Dr. about 7 years ago. The next time i went they said that i did not have it, and every time after that they said i was totally clear. But, just because i still ask them to test me for it. They say that if you have a healthy immune system, that the body can sometimes rid itself of HPV. I'm hoping that's what happened to me. The Dr. thinks so, but I'm checking every year just to make sure!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was also told that I had HPV by one doctor and then not by another. I had to see an oncologist about some other issues and he said in his opinion, everyone has it ... it just doesn't show up in a lot of us ...
    Anonymous

• My nieces mom had cervical cancer but not sure if it was HPV. I do know she is getting my niece the HPV vaccine. I know she had to have paps every 6 months for a couple of years and she had surgery.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I also had hpv while i was pregnant with my son but its not necessarily caused by sex even though it is called an std. A nun that has never had sex can get it. Everyone has it its just not active in everyone.
    jessica91484

Answer by jessica91484 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009