How do I fix an infected earring hole??

My left earring hole hurts so bad. It has to be infected - but I have no idea how to fix it. I haven't tried anything other than alcohol and just trying to leave it alone.... but I figured if anyone has any tried and true fix for me, that would be great.
It's driving my crazy not being able to wear earings~
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• alcohol will kill the germs, but it will actually keep the skin from healing. Use salt water, & dip your ear into a cup. don't rub it around.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• try tea tree oil dilluted with olive oil to kill infections.MRSA
    Anonymous

• Proxide, when I was little mine were infected all the time, my mom used proxide it always worked.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my ds had this problem and i cleaned it with the solution the piercing places sold and then i put some neosporin on it and it cleared right up
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• sorry i meant dd. my son does not have a pierced ear lol
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I used peroxide when I got mine pierced yrs ago 3 or 4 x a day and an antibiotic ointment like you buy otc,try that.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 1:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009