For moms with boys..

do you ever worry about the kind of woman your son is going to end up with? I have 3 boys and sometimes out of the blue I'll realize that one day I will have 3 daughters in law! You hear horror stories all the time about in laws and I've seen a couple of my male cousins deal with psycho women and my mind starts running away with fright! My boys are still young though so I have several years before they even start dating but I can't help but think about it! I'm already talking to my oldest about what kind of woman he should look for and how he should treat a woman, with love and respect and to find someone who treats him the same. But I still get frightened sometimes! I know I should deal with it at the time but I can't help it.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a one of a kind, one and only son. I love him so. He's going to be my doctor/engineer/writer/mathematician/architect/ I'm just playing!! No but sometimes I see myself as Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond. And as far as his future wife.... she will be brunet, a good cook, about my height, with good child-bearing hips, no I'm just playing again.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think about it too, I know I wont like any of them
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lol... my son is only 2 and i am already on it... i look forward to the days i can tell him about girls and the good and bad ones... i just hope he listens to what he says... he is already a super mommas boy tho, so im not to worried ♥
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have one boy hes 4. I have wondered this myself. Or I wonder if I am going to be like one of those moms (like my aunt) and think that no girl in the world will be good enough for my son. I really hope not. I don't think I will be, I don't think I'm like that at all, but still wonder.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lol! I agree, I don't know if there will be any women good enough for my boys! I'm dreading the drama queens...
    Anonymous

• My son is only 2 and I worry about that regularly. I also worry because we don't really plan on having any additional children. So my son's wife is going to be my only daughter-in-law. At least you have 3, at least one of them should find someone you life. I just keep telling myself that maybe he will see me as a great idea of the type of woman he wants (but not in a mama's boy kind of way) and she will be a good person.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have an almost 13 yr old, so that one is always on my mind. But he's not dating until he has his bachelors degree. LOL!!! No one will be good enough for my baby. Yeah, I am worried.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Who knows our sons might end up with wonderful women. We might love them like they were the daughters we never had....an then there is a chance they will be crazy, but as long as our sons love them..at least they arent MEN!!!! we have to be thankful for that.
    landonsmommy709

Answer by landonsmommy709 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my little man is convince girl are evil he says he will always live with me so right now i not to worried when he hits 12 then i will tell his daddy to deal with him cause like you guys say little boys are always momas boys and no body is good enough for them
    charmed1727

Answer by charmed1727 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I too have 3 sons. The oldest of which is 23. He has just now brought home his first realy "love" interest. She is nice, pretty, and has a very good job. She is an only child which worries me because she may be a tad spoiled. He told me at first she told him she did not want children...I freaked! Now I guess she is telling him he is the first person she is comfortable with the thought of kids. He is such a good boy. A lover not a fighter...so I hope if he thinks this is the one I hope she is nice and good to him...he deserves the best. Lord help me with the other two...but they are young. My biggest worry is getting to see the grandkids. Let's face it, women tend to hang with their Mom's...so I hope I get equal time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009