Are you for real?

Okay, I know I'm a bitch sometimes, but I really have a hard time believing some of the questions people ask on CM. Do you really need anonymous people in cyberspace to tell you to take your baby to the Emergency Room if she is vomitting blood? Shouldn't you maybe talk to your HUSBAND (or SO) if you know you're ovulating RIGHT NOW and you've been trying to conceive for months. (Both examples are exaggerated so I don't offend any recent questioners).

I understand needing support, but sometimes I have to wonder if people have surrendered their ability to THINK for themselves in favor of getting their answers from our social networking site.

Anybody out there as big a bitch as me?

Jodie118

Asked by Jodie118 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some people do this to see whether or not someone really cares. Or just to see how many answers they get. But honestly I've seen questions like that and I think "WTF"!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 3:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• TRUE, TRUE.
    BellasMommy2005

Answer by BellasMommy2005 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i don't think thats bitchy.... it's so true... i read some of the questions and i'm like "omg these people are mothers".... it's like " he's cheated on me 6 times got another girl pregnant, but he says he loves me, what should i do"...ughhh
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Perhaps they are so desperate and so upset that they just need a place to talk. And that is the way I see CafeMom, a place to express your concerns. Which includes concerns about the type of questions, so no, no you're not a b..... ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 3:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Sometimes I imagine some high school brats behind the computer just having the time of their life, making bets, and wishing for some poor soul to fall in their mischievous game.

But in the other side there is a good hearted mom willing to give a good advice.

Come on you can always tell what's is real and wha is just a joke!

Anonymous

• I agree and I think it is a lack of common sense on some peoples parts. Some of the questions are really a matter of common sense (my child has a fever of 104 and is lethargic, what should I do?) and some are just plain stupid. So, no you are not a bitch. Many more people agree with you than don't.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• and omg if somebody else has to be told to take a pregnancy test!!!!! if you think you might be pregnant wouldn't that be the next logical step anyway? if you miss your period, take a test!!!!!
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am I agree with you 100%!!! LOL! nudge08 I agree!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Tru dat!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am not a bitch, I'm THE bitch and it's Miss Bitch to you!!!!!! LOL I do agree that I shake my head at some of the questions.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009