stupid question probably...

Do you know how some maternity pants have that stetchy stuff at the top, instead of buttons and zipper, that goes over your belly (for the most part)? I got a new pair yesterday, and it feels like the elastic is a little snug. Can that hurt the baby at all? I keep telling my bf that I feel like I am smushing the baby (its not as tight as im making it sound), but he insists it is fine. Anyone have any input for me? lol.
thanks

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 3:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It won't hurt the baby, your body is much tougher than you might think, but what it will do is make you uncomfortable and cranky. Let's face it, pregnancy has enough discomfort built in already, you don't need to wear pants that add to it. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It won't hurt the baby... just gets uncomfortable for you if the elastic doesn't have any give. I have a pair like that... couldn't wear them very long.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree it won't hurt the baby. It's pretty well cushioned in there. But I wouldn't be able to tolerate it for very long. I wore a lot of dresses while pregnant, I hated maternity pants.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yeah it won't hurt the baby, but if it's uncomfortable I wouldn't wear them (at least not for long periods of time). Have you tried motherhood's secret fit belly? I haven't tried them, but my sister loved them because they were so lightweight and comfy.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I hate wearing anything tight on my belly during pregnancy, so I will fold mine down on the belly part. They are tight on purpose though for extra support on your belly. It can help your muscles from pulling so much.
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009