Do you blow?

This is not what you think so get your mind out of the gutter you filthy little tramp! JK, so anyway my Dentist shares office space with a bunch of Doctors. So while you sit and wait you see sick people, old people you get the idea. An older woman was waiting to see a Doctor and while we were all sitting there she produced a tissue and proceeded to spend the next several minutes blowing and blowing her nose. Well my DH just freaked! It was gross it really was! Now I usually excuse myself to the bathroom when I have to blow, and never do I do it in a resturant. It is just plain rude. This however was a doc's office...so what do you think? Is she excused? Or should she have done like the DH insists and excused herself? I mean let's face it, no one wants to hear a bunch of snot rattling around in someones nose. The sound is gross! So do you blow in public?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 4:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know what I hate is when someone blows and blows their nose until it's one of those dry "honky" type blows. That gets under my skin.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Actually, I do, and I've never thought it rude, just a part of life. Of course, my life is full of allergies, and there are days when, if I excused myself to blow, I'd never show up anywhere! :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I wipe in public. Maybe alittle light blow..lol
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If it's little baby booger I might blow in public but some people go all out with the honks and gross noises and that grosses me out! Especially if they are shoving the tissue up their nose trying to get it out! Blah i'm grossing out just thinkin bout it.
    Anonymous

• My FIL blows when we are out for dinner somewhere w/ his little hankey that he keeps in his pocket, and then he'll put it back in there. Grosses me out everytime. I don't understand why people use hankies, to me thats just wrong. All that nasty crap sitting in your pocket all day. YUCK!!!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I hate it, but DH does it sometimes. It is better then snotting all over the place lol
    Bear777

Answer by Bear777 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would never blow in public and I have allergies. It is gross and rude. Would you fart? It is just a part of life too. JMO!
    Anonymous

• The only place I wouldn't blow my nose is a restaurant or around someone eating. I think that's rude. Other than that, it's just a normal part of life. It's blowing your nose... you shouldn't have to excuse yourself because you need to blow your nose. If it grosses you out, that's your problem. Not mine.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'd rather hear them blow their nose than hack up a big loogey! Or is that loogie? Not sure how you spell that word.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• if i have to b low my nose i am going to.. no matter who is around. i would rather blow and get it out rather then walk around with boogers in my nose...lol.. in a doc. office it should be normal
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009