What makes a person look their age?

So I have just been wondering what makes a person look young or old and want to know what everyone else thinks. Is it their clothes? Their height/weight? Their face? Out of all these factors that help determined how old a person looks to you what is the major factor?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think how they take care of themselves. I saw a show called 10 years younger where they picked a woman from the street, put her in a glass box and asked people how old they thought she was. People usually guessed on average 5 years or more older! So they would give the lady a makeover, show her how to dress comfortably but stylish and gave her makeup tips. What a difference it made! Most of the women didn't realize they looked so much older before.
    Anonymous

• Two words Men and Kids
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The clothes, hairstyle, makeup style, extra pounds, too few pounds, wrinkles, dryness of skin... many things affect how old we look.

Do you prefer shiny makeup or matte? Shiny looks best on kids and very young adults (if it looks good on anyone).
    Do you wear "old lady styles", generic average clothes, or teenager clothes? While old lady styles will make grown women look older than they are, teenager clothes make anyone over about 25 look like a grown women trying to pass as a teeny-bopper.
    Long straight hair looks great on slim girls. It looks awful on most middle aged women (or older).
    Too few pounds ages you about 10 years. A few too many (10 or so) actually makes you looker about 10 years younger.

There was an interesting study do recently about this:
    http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1877717,00.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• On second thought... I agree with salexander! Men and kids!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have an aunt who's 53. She's been out in the sun most of her life but it doesn't look it, she just looks tan and doesn't need make-up. She dresses real trendy, haircut and all. She also wears alot of jewelry and cute sun glasses. I'd say if you take all of it away, she would look 53. But to me she could pass for 46.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Smoking, drinking, suntanning, being real fat, and a lot of stress ages you quick. Drinking a lot of water, staying out of the sun, keeping in shape and trying to be happy keep you young. Also having a "young at heart" attitude. I'm 39 and have been told I look 30.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It all about how they carry themseleves... how they take care of their bodies, the clothes they wear, and just the mentality they have ♥
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think it's a combination of how you take care of yourself (wardrobe, makeup, diet, smoking, hairstyle,etc.) and attitude. Happy optimistic people seem younger than negative snippy people.
    portercreeksis

Answer by portercreeksis at 5:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• When your road hard and put up wet.. You can bet your hat and a*s on that.. (thats what my grama always says)..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• How you dress and do your make-up makes a world of difference.
    It's also your attitude, the older you feel and act, the older you look.
    My father is 48 and has no grey, jet black hair, fit body. If you looked at him, he can easily pass for 35.
    My SO didn't even know that he was that old. It' all about the attitude and your life choices.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2009