Where to get babies first hair cut?

I don't want to do it myself of the fear of messing it up. My son is 7 months but has a toupe going on top. It's getting so bad he can't see. What salons do babies first hair cut with putting the hair in a special bag and what not? I heard of a place that puts it in a box with other misc. things but don't remember what place.

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 4:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• most salons wont do it before the age of one
    Anonymous

• I took my daughter to the salon in Walmart. They charged $3.00 and gave me a beautiful certificate and envelope to keep her hair in.
    Anonymous

• Take a look in your phone book. There are actually chains (and individual stores) that specialize in kids.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i took my son at 8 months to my hairdresser, did the certificate and hair thing, she didn't know what to charge so she charged $8 (5 yrs ago), now they have it by age, he's $20 now(they dont' wash or blow dry). MY son hates haircuts, so i can't bring him to someone new, at least he'll sit for her.
    check around for men's barber shops, they're cheaper.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 4:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i have always cut all my boys for the first time- its almost like a tradition for us- i take the hair and put it into a pony tail at the very top of the head and cut it off then put the ponytail in a baggy- then i trim around the edges to even it out- i just love it! lol- but after that they go to a family friend who owns a barber shop-
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I dont really know what salons they have where you are from but Famous Hair I think is a pretty big chain of salons. When i was there before they had a cute little chair for the little kids with a TV infront of the chair to help keep them busy and Im sure if you ask the stylist I dont see why they would mind giving you the strand of hair or how ever much you want.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009