If you went on a veggie diet do you think you will lose weight?

A friend of mine is trying this and i just want to know the good and bad about this diet she is going to try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes you would, because of less fat, probably. And it would be pretty easy to eat enough protein and calcium with some milk, cheese, yogurt to balance the protein in the dried beans.

Answer by Bmat at 4:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes but it will be only temporary. Trust me! Unless you maintain that lifestyle, when you resume your meal plan...well you get it. Good luck. Its always good to take a meat break though
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 4:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lol temporary weight loss yes. and she will still need protein. anddd also as long as not all of the veggies are starch veggies
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes im a veggie lover no meat and im a size 2!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, you would lose weight. You can get protein by eating legumes (such as peas...anything that grows in a pod). It is a very good idea! I wish I could give up meat but I just LOVE it!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• To add, I don't recommend doing something as a "diet." When you resume your meal plan, you're just going to gain it all back and then some. If you want to MAINTAIN a healthy body and your weight, you need to MODIFY your diet (sweets in moderation, plenty of healthy foods and fiber, low sodium, as little processed sugar as possible) and KEEP that diet. Doing a crash diet and then resuming whatever life style you had before isn't going to give her the results she wants.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Tell her to get some Quinoa grain (it is actually a sees) but it is high in protein and for those who think only meat is "complete":-) This little seed IS a complete protein:-) You can add it to many things or eat it like rice:-)
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I did the raw food diet and lost a lot of weight. I loved that I could eat as much raw fruit, veggies, nuts, and raw sweets as I wanted. I ate raw chocolate, coconut butter, almond milk, and some raw cookies made in the dehydrator. I stopped when I got sick and then when winter came I did not want anything cold. But with spring here I am making smoothies again (favorite is spinach with bananas and berries because you cannot taste the spinach and it so good for you). This time I am not going to try to be 100% raw but have a lot of raw food with healthier non-raw food. I have started baking only with 100% wheat flour and use only dates, agave syrup or raisins for sweetness. For fat I use coconut oil or olive oil with coconut butter the best for making raw chocolate with agave syrup. I lost 40 lbs between the raw diet and recently a detox diet with no sugars/starches and mainly meat and produce.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 12:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2009