My MIL stole my baby's name for her DOG!

So I have always loved the name Isabella. When we found out were having a little girl we decided we would tell family. Names had already been mention but since we weren't sure of the sex we never fully committed. Yesterday I find out that my MIL got a new dog and named it Bella! This is after telling her the sex and the baby name. I know it isn't the exact same name but Bella was a nick name I actually liked for my daughter. My husbands says just to ignore it but I can't. My MIL says that she thinks it is CUTE that her dog and my baby will have the same name! What would you do? Should I use that name anyway or find something else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL, I named my daughter Isabella. Popular name this year it seems [stupid twilight]. That was wrong of her to do though. We all have MIL problems. Sometimes I think they do things like that on purpose so we'll fuss at them and give them a reason to dislike us, cause they really want to, but don't have a good reason.

My MIL stole our seats at church, then claimed I stole it from her ... it's an ongoing cycle.

I couldn't stand my MIL's dog and my baby having the same name. It's entirely your choice though.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• How about Isabelle instead?
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Its a dog...let it go. Your baby is sooo much more important. If you like the name, go for it. When your daughter is young, she'll probably think its cool she has the same name as the dog and when she's older, the dog will likely be gone anyway.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Laugh it off and name your baby what you want to.

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I couldn't do it, everytime I called my DD I would cringe at the thought. I'd have to move on to something else or just really commit to another nickname like Izzy, or Isa.......
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Isabella <-- I LOVE THAT NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soo cute
    I'd be confronting the chicki lol I'm just too blunt
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 4:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• haha that just reminds me of my grandma when my grandma was pregnant with my mom they thought she was a boy and wanted to name her george and my grandma didnt like the name so she named her dog that name cause she hated the name they picked for her grand child luckly she came out a boy lol sorry thought it was funny so clasic!! but its a cute name
    Anonymous

• You are right to be mad. I know I would have been. As a mother it took me till 7 months to decide on my son's name. That is something that is another connecting bond with your child, when you rub your belly and say your new baby's name so they can know your voice.

That is just tacky that MIL did that. You should buy a gerbil and name it after your MIL and then tell her how cute it is that they share the same name. See what she thinks then. :D
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i mean good thing she came out a girl sorry but yeah i named my son Angel and after i had him a friend named her dog Angel it made me made but i didnt care lol
    Anonymous

• I would be pissed too. I would still name my daughter that, but seriously I would never call the dog that though. I would go over there and call the dog sara or mary or something like that just to piss mil off. And when she asks why, tell her. That is seriously screwed up. You need to talk to her, if you dont start standing up for your kid now it will only get worse when he baby is actually born. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009