April Fools??

Is anyone concerned with this Conficker on the PCs or does it just seem to you like another Y2K conspiracy thing?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511813,00.html

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Damn - it's a virus? I just thought you were wishing me an early happy birthday beans! LOL
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm a little conerned. Mostly because my husband's job depends on the internet. Hopefully, it's just nothing tho...like Y2K.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• One thing for sure, I won't be up with all the lights in the house on waiting for the end of the world, like I did on Y2K, what a load of crap. I think this one is another load of crap.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• no one I know in the hacker world is afraid of it.
    Anonymous

• update and run your antivirus. This one is nasty when it gets started. It's easy enough to get rid of. . check download.com for one that deals with it.

It isn't going to shut down the world. what it will do is send your passwords etc, to a botnet, where your identity can get stolen and it can use your email to infect your friends and family.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464

BTW- turning off your computer for the day, or disconnecting your internet will not help either.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• There are computer help groups on CM that can help you with dealing with this virus.
    Anonymous

• I think the same companies that need people to buy their newer, updated software, are the ones who hire geniuses to think of these worms. Therefore, they get mighty rich off of us! Think about it, how else would they have so much info on it, like what to do once infected, how to check if infected, etc.... come one....if someone really wanted to do cruel things like that, they'd more than likely keep it a secret and just come out and steal your shit!!!
    Anonymous

• Dragon...lol...you're such a cutie, and funny to boot! Knew there was a reason I had a friend like you!...heehee

Anon 9:57- I Agree!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009