first day at daycare!?!

Today was my son's first day at daycare. I called once during the day and then left work early to pick him up. I was a mess today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know how you feel. its hard. You made it through today! thats what counts. Good job, keep it up
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my mom always told me that if my child had a smile on their face when i picked them up, they had a good day. It's always harder on us than them.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 4:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• As a preschool teacher/child care worker, it will be harder on you than on him. He will be so busy that he won't even realize you are gone. Be prepared that the second day is harder than the first, the newness has worn off. He will be ok though, if he is upset, he won't be after a few minutes (before you get to the car). Call to check up on him but do not stop in for a visit or talk to him, it will confuse him. Wait for surprise visits for a couple of months. He will be ok. He will make friends, learn lots of fun and sometime useless info, but he will be ok. Hang in there, it does get better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• When they run to you and say mommy, i missed you so much!!! it is a great feeling. Socializing children is very important!!!
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I cant imagine dropping my 11 month off I know how you must feel :(
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009