Ugh Poison Oak.......

So my wonderful DH informs me that he has had poison oak on his hands for a week right after I started with a rash in some very delicate places. Now I seem to have it everywhere! I'm using hydrocortisone cream, but I could use any other advice as to how to deal with and treat it, and how best now to pass it on to my DD.

Kimebs

Asked by Kimebs at 4:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• If it's in certain areas, I think I'd go to the doc and ask to be put on an oral steriod (like Prednisone (sp?), just to get it over with faster. Benadryl works well for itching too.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• let me just say.. Prednisone is AWESOME at getting rid of rashes.. not by my own personal experience but, my mom had severe eczema. And it was the only thing that would clear up her skin (while she was on it) downside to it though, you can't take too much.. and it makes you gain weight (it being a steroid and all). But since it's just poison oak.. i agree with first poster... call a doc. Prednisone should def do the trick.
    Anonymous