For those who had a Vaginal delivery...

How bad was it? when did yall get the epidural? lol did birthing classes help? if you have had a VBAC please share your story with me..

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 4:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got the epi around 7 cm and omg i was sooooooooooooo happy. I was giggling and even fell asleep. When it was time I had intense pressure on my right hip that was the WORST. lol, I had a birthing class scheduled for the night of the day he came, he just wouldnt wait. :)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Birthing class = HELPFULLLLLL!
    Anonymous

• I got induced and had the epidural, BUT because my daughter had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck they had to use forceps to get her out, sooo they pumped me full of drugs [more than normal] so I didnt feel a thing and pushed her out in 3 pushes!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 4:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Induction, no epidural, and it wasn't bad at all until my OB broke my water without asking. Then it got bad. I had 1/2 a dose of nubain that lasted 30 minutes.

I went through most of transition, and pushing, drug free. In fact, only 30 min of my 11 1/2 hour labor was drugged hehe.

This time it's going to be a home birth, no drugs, and I am so excited!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• pretty much same here. I was induced, no drugs. labor wasn't bad until hour 8 out of 12. I didn't think actual birth was bad, you ar ein so much pain from the contractions. I was glad I got to feel my daughter coming out. It wasn't at all like I thought. No birthing claaes, they were an hour a way once a week for 6 wks. I am using a midwife and homebirth this time also
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 5:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I've had 3 vagina deliveries. Only with the 3rd did I get an epi and it killed. The dr hit my back bone causing it to bruise which is pretty much the same as breaking the bone in that spot. I will never have another epi. This will be number 4 and all natural
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes take the birth class! It helps alot and you feel a little prepared on what to do.
    I had both children Natural with no drugs or Epidural, 24 hour labor for first and 18 hours for the 2nd, Yes I look back and think are you Crazy! It was the worst pain ever, but as soon as the baby comes out -your okay and some how you do it again.lol All my friends and family have never done it Natural- Either they had no Choice and had to have Cesarean or they opt for the Epidural.
    I think If I get pregnant again, maybe I would try the Epidural to see the difference- I am really bad on needles so i am not sure....Good Luck!!!
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 5:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine wasn't bad at all but because my son's heart rate was high, they gave me the epi very early so I was fine and dandy they whole time! As far as the response about forceps, DONT LET THEM USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was born, they used them to pull me out and the forceps messed the whole right side of my head up. I am almost completely blind in my right eye and have to wear glasses (no contacts) for the rest of my life...i've had them since I was 4. I also have a permanent bump on the right side of my head...just SAY NO
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It hurt because i had back labor, but, no drugs. And only a 7hr labor. I would do it again without drugs no prob. In fact, I would midwife or homebirth too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i was induced, and was great until the dr broke my water, but it was not bad. then after about 4 hours of the nurse upping the potocin, i got the epidural, and it turned out i was at 10 cm!
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009