Your medical rights in Arizona?

We have bills piling up and one of them was an old medical bill for DH. It was for 180 and he has insurance. He thought insurance would at least get him a foot in the door-WRONG! I am scared he is going to die. He went to the ER on Sunday night with severe groin pain, he hadnt had a bowel movement in days and felt like he was peeing razor blades when he urinated. He was there for hours, they tried to cath him and couldnt because his prostate was so enlarged. They gave him a scrip for antibiotics and they sent him home telling him that he had to have an appt with a Urologists within the next 4 days. Well we called EVERY-AND I MEAN EVERY DAMN DOCTOR IN TOWN. We live in Tucson, az and all the urologists are tied together! NOONE will see us until that bill is paid! we dont have the money and they WONT LET US MAKE PAYMENTS! Can they do that?! He is in so much pain and cant function, his body cant eliminate waste.I need advice!!!

mommyinsep2008

Asked by mommyinsep2008 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• I wish I could help, medicine is becoming a tough market, doctors can't make money anymore. The ER can't turn people away, though, so lots of people use ERs as their doctors, he may have to go back there, better than nothing. I assume you've called UPH and UMC. I don't know any urologists, sorry!
    Lovefeeties

Answer by Lovefeeties at 5:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009