What did you do with your wedding gown?

Since somone asked about what you wore, it sparked a thought (I know, thinking is bad!). So what have you gals done with your wedding dresses? I have mine in a box. I want to wear it again but where to?! So it sits. I originally thought about donating it, but don't know if I can part with it.

ferdo0204

Asked by ferdo0204 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • uhh mine is in the back of the closet. i was 8 months pregnant when i got married so i know it wont ever fit again lol
    Anonymous

• Mine is at my mom's house. I thought about re-selling it, but I can't part with it! I think I want to save it for my future daughter
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I rented mine, a difference of about $3000. I really wish I had bought it though now that I have a daughter I could pass it on to, but who knows if she would have used it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine was a pink full gown, an my MIL has it.. I dont know why but i thought it was bad to keep it.. My mom did with ALL her marriges so i didnt want to end up like that, so i gave it away after the honeymoon..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• MY friends mom made her's into a bed spread that she has on her bed.
    I thought that was a niffty way to keep it but use it at the same time
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine's in a box preserved. With everything I wore that day. I wanted to keep it safe for my DD to maybe wear someday! But I must say the bed spread idea is pretty cool too!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My Mom cut mine apart and made outfits for each of my children and a vest for me. We have a picture of each of them in it. I'm wearing the vest with them in their outfits. My SIL made christening gowns for her two girls from hers.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I LOVE the ideas of making bedspreads and christening gowns from wedding gowns - how beautiful they must be!

I didn't have a dress :( but I am hoping that I can someday help one, or all, of my daughters choose one for their wedding, if they decide to wear one and if they decide to get married. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My hubby and it preserved and it's in a box.

Anonymous