what is the best treatment for diaper rash??

my baby is fair skinned and has a bit of a diaper rash...i want to know what cream works best ??

mommakim310

Asked by mommakim310 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its called bordeux butt paste, it works wonders!!!! you can get it anywhere, tis really thick, but it works!!!
    Anonymous

• Thankfully my son has never had a diaper rash... but I have heard GREAT reviews on Bag Balm... it's not really a diaper cream... but you can get it at places like Walgreen. It comes in a green tin.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I sware by aquaphor. put it on at each change to protect baby's skin.
    Anonymous

• Idk. My daughter seems to scream bloody murder whenever I put desitin on her rash so I don't use anything for fear that it will hurt her. I think just letting her go diaperless works best. And I think its worth a little pee getting on the carpet. When she was younger (not mobile) I would lay her on a towel =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lansinoh nipple cream
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Balmex I think is the best cream and it's not too expensive. But the VERY best thing to get rid of a nasty one is air time... Also laying off the wipes and just using a damp paper towel. WHen she needs a diaper change just wipe her off with a wash cloth and then let her air dry for as long as you can... 15-20 minutes ideally. just have her play on a towel in case something, um, happens...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 2 common mistakes people make. 1. when your child has a diaper rash dont use wipes use something else with just plain water. because the wipes have citric acid in them and will just burn. 2. look at the back of the diaper rash creams, soo many chemicals its crazy! I use either non talc baby powder but most of the time I use good old fashioned vaseline, its like .99 cents and nothing compares! Not only does it heal but it protects and doesn't ever cause the child discomfort. I apply a little even when she doesnt have a rash just for extra protection. My daughter has had only 1 diaper rash since birth and its because when she got a little irritated I used diaper rash cream.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter has pale, sensitive skin so she gets a rash all the time. I use Triple Paste on her and the rash is cleared in a day. My aunt is a professional nanny and recomened this to me when I first had her and I have never used anything else since. There is also a severe rash formula. This stuff is amazing!
    AMWells

Answer by AMWells at 7:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Desitin.
    olivejuicebby

Answer by olivejuicebby at 10:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree with Pauline3283. Lansinoh Nipple Cream is awesome. They have come out with a diaper rash cream, but the plain old nipple cream works best. I put it on before she went to bed and by the time she woke up it was gone, absolutely no trace of a rash.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 12:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009