should he go to the doctor?

my 7 and a half month old son caught a cough from me. He has had it for about a week and a half, and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. He has been waking up coughing for the past few nights. Mine isn't going away either, but I wasn't sure if either one of us needed a doctor. The pedi told me one time when he had a cough that he would probably have it for awhile, so I just figured it would run its course and that there was really nothing I could do (except vaporizer, baby vaporub, stuff like that). What do you all think? Should I make him an appointment?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 5:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. If it's waking him up, then I would take him to the doctor.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• if you think it is getting worse then by all means take him in, but if you still are kind of unsure make the appointment for later in the week, or next week, so if he does get better by the, great! cancel the appointment, but if not you have the appointment!
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my sister had a similar thing and after a week of it they took her to the Dr. and she had early onset of bronchitis, so I would say yes take him you could catch a real sickness before it becomes real.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would take him to the doctor. My son was 11 months and he started out with a cold and cough for about a week and we thought we'll just treat ourselves. but then he started wheezing and we took him to the doctor and we found out he had asthma. Its always best to be on the safe sie
    chani631

Answer by chani631 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• great, thanks ladies.. I will make that appointment asap!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 7:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009