CRAVINGS IS THIS POSSIBLE???

IM NOT A COFFEE DRINKER BUT TODAY I SMELLED IT AND HAD 3 CUPS ALREADY .. DID ANYONE CRAVE FOR COFFEE ???

glow201

Asked by glow201 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I saw a post recently about someone who ate coffee grounds while pregnant. Be glad you're not that desperate!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• not with coffee, but most of us have had our wierd cravings-- I craved Dial soap--- yes I wanted to eat it... I would take a shower just so I could lather up a washcloth with the soap... (never did take a bite though...lol)

but you might want to switch to decaf, I drink a coffee every morning so I am certainly not judging, but too much caffeine can increase risk of miscarriage.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ohh yes i am i have been wanting cappacinos or iced coffee i have one of them every morning and i never in my life liked coffee its so weird but hey there cravings my friend always wanted to eat laundry soap or just a little taste to saticfy her craving and another girl want dirt form the bags at walmart crazy but yet again there cravings what can you say!!
    Anonymous

• With my last pregnancy I craved champagne everyday. (don't worry, I never drank any) And I've heard of people craving inedible things like dirt!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lol wow you ladies had me laughing lolol.. i drank red wine when i was pregnant with my son. doctor told me it was ok a glass with dinner. so i did. not everyday but i did once in awhile. .. thanks ladies xoxoxoxo
    glow201

Answer by glow201 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• no prob- yeah my mom keeps telling me I should have a glass of red wine one night and relax... really it just doesn't sound good- and yes I usually like red wine. Most doctors say wine can be good for you because it relaxes you and increases blood flow... also my mom has been having a glass every night- and her nails which have been thin and cracking all her life are gorgeous... long and pretty -apparently something in the wine helps that. I have been eating alot of grapes and had the same effect. (grapes are my current crave... odd)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• sounds goood,,,best of luck
    glow201

Answer by glow201 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• timelessglass- i never drank coffee before I was pregnant with my son when I ate the coffee grounds. It was just one of the strange PICA cravings I had..along with ice and dirt. Yup it was gross and like I said in that post thankfully nothing strange like that this time around....and I am now a coffee drinker lol
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 12:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2009