has anyone bought a forclosed home?

what was experience with that?

would you recommend that option for a first time home buyer?

im looking at one tomorrow that has new foundation/basement siding and new roof and just needs minor cosmetic stuff like floor coverings kitchen cabinets and paint and maybe some updating in the bathrooms

any advice welcome and thank you ahead of time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would want to know if it was built at the site or if it was a trailer house that looks like a house built on the site cause there is a differnce the trailer house thing banks hate to touch but the interest rate is higher and the get damage easier in floods, tornado ect. and make sure its not in a flood zone cause most inc companies will not touch it, my sister and brother learned a lesson and now every yr they have to deal with floods and replacing siding on the home when they thought it was a real house when it wasn't.
    Anonymous

• it was built in 1900 so im sure it was built on site
    Anonymous

• nope, I persoanlly don't think I could buy a home that was being taken from another family. . but I already own a home too, so if I didn't maybe I would feel differnet.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009