is it healthy

to work out when your preg. I mean, for some it is. and I've always had normal healthy pregs. I just want to make sure, I know I have to talk to my dr. but I won't have the same dr each visit, and they all think differently about exercize while preggo.

should you wait a certain amount of time in the begning? I have an eliptical machine, and I just want to like. . .'walk' on it. that should be ok right? just nothing strenious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 9wks and I still use the elyptical and walk. don't run or sit ups, nothing to strecth or tighten your abdomen. just be smart about it, if you really feel you shouldn't do it, don't. don't lift heavy objects either, althoug I have a 20 pound 1yr9mo old to pick up
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 5:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Your body will tell you when you've over done it...just go easy and keep it light. Unless there is a complication with your pregnancy, there is no reason you shouldn't exercise.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I used the eliptical and treadmill all the way up till my due date. I also coached ice hockey a few times a week until I was 7 months (I play ice hockey, so I felt completely comfortable on skates).
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If you have already been exercising regularly, then it is OK to continue. If you are new to exercise then walking or swimming is the best exercise to start. Later on in your pregnancy, you should not lift heavy weights or do things like trampoline where you could strain yourself or get injured. At some point things like sit ups will become impossible! Common sense is your best guide.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 6:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009