people on WIC should have their tubes tied?

I'm on wic but i found this on a post, i really wasn't a happy person when i read this but i have seen a alot of moms comment on how we need are tubes tied and i am just wondering if you mommies agree with it. I have my tubes tied but i am on wic cause i know there are nurse there and they have things moms can join to learn even when they have a sitter when you can't get one to go to these classes, they even give me the weight, the height and ideas so i like WIC.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hm.... well..... i dont think tubes tied thats extreme. maybe an IUD? lol

WIC actually though isnt so bad its like 165% above the poverty limit (dont quote me on that) maybe if you're on welfare you should think about getting some form of reliable birth control until you become self sufficient. i never thought of this before, but i mean it isnt THAT big of a stretch to think that you shouldnt have unprotected sex if you cant support the outcomes.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• im 21 years old & pregnant with my first baby. Im also on wicc and have no intentions of getting my tubes tied anytime soon. Some people are just very judgmental && thats with anything in life - Just let it fly - If it came down to it and the world was in a REAL REAL BAD crisis and they were in a spot - I bet they wouldnt hesitate for the help - Thats what its there for.... Now i dont agree with people living off of any government assistance they can.... that to me is wrong - But to get some help when needed - there is nothing wrong with that.... But like i said, there are going to be people who judge, have their opinions & have too much pride to get help if they need it..... its fine though, thats their process of life && i choose to be open minded and not judge people for small things like that .... dont get me wrong, im only human and am capable of being judgmental... but there is nothing wrong with getting help when needed
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think no one should tell another what to do with their bodies.

I'm against abortion, but I refuse to tell someone they have to keep their baby.

I also don't want the government to tell me I have to abort.

So, tube tying is an individual's right to do or not as they see fit. It doesn't matter if they get assistance or not. The assistance is there for moms who need it. Regardless of how many children they want. Until laws are passed that give a cut off of how many children a mom on WIC can have and still get it......(shut up about it!)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm on WIC and my tubes aren't tied. I am in BC though. I think that is a bit extreme. Just because you need financial help for a one time deal, doesn't mean you should be punished by not being able to have anymore children. Whoever said that is messed up.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• and also - there are people out there who areant on wicc and best bet would be for them to get their tubes tied.... just unfit parents.... I agree practicing safer birth control and not just having kids and expecting wicc & government help to take care of them.... people can be very selfish when it comes to this sometimes...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i don't agree with the tubes being tied. I more than qualify for WIC and Food stamps. (Military don't pay that great. . .) BUT i'm not on it. if we do concieve another child, i will be on wic because of the cost of living where i'm at.

But i think, if your working, and on it, then your more than welcome to it because YOUR PAYING FOR IT ANYWAYS WITH YOUR TAX MONEY.

so the ones that judge, need to get over it. . .. .
    Anonymous

• no i think people who pop out kid after kid after kid when they cant afford the ones they have let alone a dozen more should be fixed. i think WIC is a great thing its a hand up not a hand out. i know someone who has 6 kids the last 3 are less than a year apart and they expecting another, neither are working and they depend on wel far to take care of them, now she should be fixed for the fact she keeps having kids she cant take care of not be cause she is on WIC
    Anonymous

• mmmmm
    Anonymous

• CAUSE U GET WIC YOU SHOULD GET YOUR TUBES TIED.. WHAT THE HELLL?? WHO WOULD SAY SUCH AN IGNORANT THING.. WELL LADIES YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW HOW I FEEL . ITS JUST SAD TO HEAR SOME STUPID THING LIKE THAT.
    glow201

Answer by glow201 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No way! I have a more than full time job(Army) and am on WIC. I'm divorced with 2 kids and need the help. WIC is not permanent and only gives you certain items and only a specific amount based on your income. Now, for those that don't have jobs, get WIC, have welfare, etc and are not actively looking for jobs and keep having kids, then....I don't agree. But would still never tell them to get their tubes tied.
    Anonymous