i am a first time mom. baby is due august 19. anybody else have a baby born then or are expecting? what checklist do you have to buy? lol there is soo much to choose from! and what works best for summer?

baby due in summer..any tips?

jeeennn

Asked by jeeennn at 5:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You don't really have to buy anything special. I personally have way too much baby gear for the baby that I am expecting this week, but most of it is hand me downs. Babies are actually quite easy... they don't care what kind of bed they have, if they are in the most up to style clothes, etc. That is all about mom and dad. As for being pregnant over the summer, it depends on your body temp. I was early in my first pregnancy over the summer and I lived in tank tops and shorts. I didn't have to buy any maternity clothes until fall. This pregnancy, I have been freezing the entire time, so I could have lived in a snowsuit! You will figure out what you need as you go... there is no perfect answer, as each pregnancy is different and each mom is different.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son was born in August. He wore those little button up tee shirts only up until it got cold and then he went into onsies.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• thanks guys! just nervous about the heat..and all that lol
    jeeennn

Answer by jeeennn at 7:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I bought into the "I think I am going to need this" way too much with my first. When we have our second it will be a lot different.

If you're worried about the heat and your baby stick to light onesies and hats! Keep him/her indoors most of the time. Remember that the baby cannot be around bug sprays because they have deet in them.

prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2009