if you fell pregnant again

could you financially support another baby? no im not trying to start an abortion debate at all, i just know that if i did we would BARELY scrape by. we do okay now and if we had to throw another into the mix we would make it but would be scrimping and saving. this is why im VERY diligent with my birth control pills because i know that if i were to have another baby it would be very tough on me emotionally. its tough enough already, but if i didnt have retail therapy i would be in a padded cell ;]

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 5:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My thought is 'you do what you have to do'. That means if I happened to get pregnant again (I sincerely hope I don't since I have 4 kids already), then we would do whatever we needed to do to make sure we can afford to take care of everyone. If that means giving something up, so be it. It's not like I can't give some thing up to care for my baby. But my dh had a vasectomy 6 years ago so I'm hoping there is no need to worry.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• maybe but that would mean giving up a lot. i had my tubes tied so our chances are slim to none of this happening
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I want to get my tubes tied so bad! I mean I have 3 kids so you'd think I know when I'm done having kids but I'm told I have to wait until I'm 30? I'm 26 now and all I can do is rely on BC which is not always 100% so I'm so scared I'll get pregnant again and I KNOW we can't afford another one. Not only that but I'm positive I don't want anymore so I think me having to wait is stupid. So to answer your question..no I wouldn't be able to afford another child right now but if it happened I would keep the baby and we would bust our butts to support our family like we do now.
    Anonymous

• just like the past two pp...If you feel you can't afford them go get on BC or better yet get your tubes tied
    Anonymous

• I'm very diligent on my BC pills as well. I have so much I want/need to do before another baby comes. If it happens, it happens but I would be very fearful of it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Funny, I just had a dream last nite that I was preggers again! ugh! But if it did happen in real life then it would be okay. We'd make do! Besides i'm pretty good at taking care of myself so i'm sure I won't be PG any time soon.
    MaMas06

Answer by MaMas06 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• LOL....funny you should ask. I had my tubes tied over 15 years ago after my 3rd child because we knew we had enough children and couldn't afford anymore.
    My 20 y/o daughter moved home with us in October 2008 and had her baby (a beautiful girl!) in February 2009. We've been supporting the both of them all this time and I lost my job in December.
    It has been difficult, to say the least, but by the grace of God, we are surviving and caring for all our children and brand new (precious) granddaughter!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• financially, we are capable, but mentally, i'm so not ready. we are preventing, but accidents do happen. i would welcome a new baby, and probably say goodbye to my sanity (what little is left of it)
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have three and knew I couldn't handle four so I got my tubes tied.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm pretty sure I could. It's hard looking at the budget right now since we just got a new roof. That one hurt! :) But we still are saving, so do have extra money. The question is, can I afford day care for a second child!
    Anonymous