did your sense of style change since you became a mother?

and if so, how??

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I was one of the lucky moms who ended up weighing less after my baby was born than I did before I got pregnant. (I lost 10 pounds) So my body is basically the same.

I still wear the same things. I like Eddie Bauer and L.L. Bean things and also shop J.C. Penney.
    I really don't care about super expensive designer brands.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My style is the same...it is my budget and time that is tight. So I don't spend money on the clothes that I would like and I don't have enough time to spend on makeup and hair everyday. I will usually opt for comfortable (and easily washed) clothes now.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• LOL--Mine did for the above reason:-) Now that the kids are all grown--they are trying to give me some fashion advice:-) They don't believe there was a time I wore other stuff and not just sweatshirts and wrangler jeans;-)
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My sense of style has matured over the years, become more modest and feminine.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I stopped dressing in short shorts but everything else is the same
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i wear nothing but huge clothes now to try and hide everything. Before i wore cute sexy things now i am just to fat to wear anything sexy or cute.
    skylajacobmom

Answer by skylajacobmom at 2:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I dress more girly. I put makeup on and do my hair now. There is something about being a mom that makes me want to look like a woman.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I loved my pregnant body ( I wore regular jeans my whole pregnancy)...still miss it, lol. I had a much fuller butt and thighs (BUT I GOT TO KEEP MY BOOBS! LOL). Now they're (butt and thighs) smaller than they were before I think, lol. So jeans shopping is even MORE difficult...so it's basically impossible for me to find jeans I'm happy with.

But, I still basically wear the same stuff. Yea, I'm a Mom, but I like to portray that I'm still young and like to have fun. I still wear low rise jeans and cute tops...but I think I still have a Mom feel to my style too.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I dress very Feminine and Girly ,I'm not too old and not too young, So I try to stay with the styles in my age range ,I also wear stuff I see other moms wearing around town .I dont want to be out of style, I have 4 girls they always tell me if it looks good or bad and believe me they know .So I take the older ones shopping with me and they tell me yes or no, Teens have a good sense of style Not what I would wear but they know if its sleazy looking or pretty They tell me .LOL
    Anonymous