Kids with the same birthdays??

Ok so my daughter is due on April 15th, which is also my sons' birthday. As it looks right now they will definitely have the same birthday, she was breech for so long that she's not in a position to induce me next week and my dr. will not let me go past my due date. So I'll be spending my sons' 1st birthday in the hospital having my daughter. My issue is they're going to have the same birthday. Does anyone have any experience with this?? I mean my husband thinks it'll be cool for them to share the same day. I think it's going to be horrible for them, especially when they are older and want to do different things, plus a boy and girl, of course there's going to be differences on what they do. Do I have one giant party, with a boy side and a girl side?? Do I have a one party one weekend and the 2nd party the next??

jackie8236

Asked by jackie8236 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• have you tried inversions to get baby to turn? Here is a link on how to do them http://spinningbabies.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-do-inversion.html
    Also a chiropractor can do the Webster Technique to encourage baby to flip. Call around to find one that can do it(don't worry it's painless). Also there are acupressure points to help baby to turn. Here is a website for more tips http://www.spinningbabies.com/
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My 2 older boys were born Cotiber 14, my two younger boys were born February 28. It wasn't on purpose. I love that they share birthdays. My girls were born a month apart and they share a party too.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Two of my kids have the same birthday but they are 11 years apart so I always did seperate birthday parties.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

I shouldn't nurse and type.  That should be October.

Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My oldest is May 14th and my youngest is May 15th. My middle child is 3 weeks later. So we just have one giant birthday party together!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My oldest was born on July 4 and the youngest on July 5--they have always been close, have always celebrated together and wished they had the exact same day:-) They would have but the doctor didn't really want to come in on the Fourth--so he called and said he would give me one more day to go into labor on my own---it didn't work:-) But they have never had a problem with it:-)
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think you should have one giant party with a boy and girl's side because I am going to be experiencing the same problem because I'm going to get married soon but my problem is kind of different because all my kids including the step kids are in May but on different days of May.
    CamrensMommy632

Answer by CamrensMommy632 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Ronnie80: My son was born on July 4th too!!! He doesn't share with any sibs though, just his father that has ignored him for the last 13 birthdays. He hates sharing with his father and with the country. No one is ever around for his bday, so we end up having his party weeks before because a cousins bday is 2 weeks after his.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i personally wouldnt like my kids to share their bday...its supposed to be THEIR day..and to have to share it..i dunno..i wouldnt like that..but then again sometimes theres just nothing you can do...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My older brother and sister are two years apart with the same birthday. He is the younger one and he did not like it. After he got old enough to really care about it, he complained about it. Now, the fact is he just like to complain about things and sometimes he does it to be funny. If it's really something you have no control over, then they'll just have to live with it and there are creative ways to deal with it. My mom just figured life's tough and if it isn't one thing it will be something else. If you can do something like having the doctor deliver this one earlier that could work. The fact is that with their bdays being so close, they would share parties anyway. I would let them take turns celebrating on their actual day and the other can have an early or belated party. Taking turns is going to be huge at your house anyway with them being only a year apart.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 2:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009