will it cover my butt or not

My daughter wants to have a swim party this summer. We have a pool at our house and Im planning on getting a permission slip for the parents saying that there is no life guard and im not responsible for accidents but is this enough to cover my butt if something happens to one of the kids. By the way it is a teen party.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know if it is enough or not. I don't think it would do anything with the insurance company. In a lawsuit, maybe it would work, but I don't know. Do you plan on being around to supervise? I would. I would make everyone aware of the rules before they get anywhere near the pool, i.e. no running by the pool, no diving in the shallow end, etc. I'd be really nitpicky too, don't assume they know the most basic rules. If someone breaks a rule, then they're done in the pool. That's what I would do.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Contact your home owners insurance company... signing a waiver should help if you are sued but your company will know the ins and outs of it all.. if there was an accident, homeowners would be the one to cover it..
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would for sure get a hold of the insurance company. You may want to get a hold of some friends or family that can swim well and have them there just incase. We just had my DD's 7th birthday part at the holiday inn and 10 of themn were swimming. My FIL and BIL were in the pool with them and I was watcing closely counting heads every few minutes. Just be careful and moniter them they should be fine.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• This won't hold up in court, but it might scare some parents out of pressing charges if something were to happen.
    LaBrKo

Answer by LaBrKo at 8:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would also get signs that state there is no life guard, swim at own risk. Not sure if anything would stand up in court though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Please supervise the party close. Last month there was a birthday party at a local hotel pool with 3 adult and 5 children. 1 child was found floating face down. The child had been seen minutes before. He is still @ the Children's Hospital. He is supposed to be okay, but has a long road ahead of him. It only takes a few minutes for something to go wrong.
    Anonymous

• I am impressed that one would even think about a waver, sounds to me like ur a pretty responsible mother call the Insurance company and I too would post signs, you letting them know that there at there own risk.... and if its a teen party I would make it so that NOONE can bring a bag out of a locked room, ur room for example, they change and check there bags with you so that no one can sneak in booze or drugs....
    Anonymous