Is Jesus God?

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses say that he isn't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus is the son of God
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Basically you are talking about denominations who believe in the trinity and those who do not.
    Many denominations believe God the father, Christ the son, and the holy spirit are all one god. Therefore jesus would be god.

Other denominations, like the JW's and Mormons, believe they are 3 seperate beings but one in purpose...basically.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes He is God. They don't believe He is, but they had to change their Bibles to go along with their beliefs because the Bible is clear that He is God. Here is a list of verses:

Deity of Christ

There was a tract from the J.W.'s on my door today when I got home from Lowe's. I am bummed that I missed them. But sometimes I answer the door and they ask me in perfect English if there is a Spanish speaker in the house. I say no. And then they go to leave, and I tell them that I would love to talk to them and they tell me that they have only come to speak to Spanish speaking people. I don't know what to think of that. LOL. : )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't believe he is God, the Bible makes it very clear that he is the son of God and as we all know a son is not the same person as their father
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The bible says both, actually. So . . . there ya' go. Take it as you will
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes, Jesus is God. There is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Jesus is the Son of God but also God in the flesh. He is God. He is the second of the 3 persons of God. God is - God the Father, Jesus, the Son & the Holy Spirit. One God in 3 persons, but they are all God.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Nope, he is not and I am not JW.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• From what I understand, JW's believe certain words in the commonly used Bible have been mistranslated to make people believe that Jesus is God. They claim that in some verses where it states that Jesus is "God", it was originally supposed to say "a god-like one". They also use the argument that Jesus prays and speaks out to God the father throughout the new testament, and that it makes no sense that he would be praying to himself. I have to admit, I do see their logic in that point. If there are any JW's reading this, please correct me if I'm explaining this incorrectly, it's been a while since I've learned about this.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Is this a trick question, lol? JK!

I believe in the trinity. I believe Jesus is of God, just as the Holy Spirit is of God. God is not Jesus...God did not die on the cross.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009