Embarassing question...

Up by my clitoris, the skin around it is cracked and hurts. I also have flaky skin around my outer lips. I don't have any bad looking/smelly discharge or itching. It has nothing to do with my vagina, just my vulva. Have you experienced this? What's up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Go to your gyn and ask her to check and see if you have Lichen Sclerosis. It'san autoimmune disease, sort of your body attacking itself. If that is what it is she will give you a prescription for some steroid cream that will clear it up. It was considered rare until they found out a lot of women had it but were sufferring in silence, so TELL her to check it, or she may not have it on her radar. I was lucky to have a gyn who had just been to a teaching conference on it when I went in.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Ive never had this but sounds like dry skin. Try some moisturizing cream or lotion maybe. Good Luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 6:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• try vasaline, I use vasaline for everything.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I looked it up and lichen sclerosis kept popping up. Thank you.
    Anonymous

• I have that too but mainly on the outer lips. But like p.p i use vaseline and it helps. I will check it out with my gynae if its the lichen sclerosis thing.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 2:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009