What is the best type of glue to use on a foam presentation board ?

My son is doing his State Report and needs to do it on a display board, kind of like a science project. He's never done one before and Iwould like to know what type of glue works best. Do I just use regular Elmers Glue, or does it need to be another type of glue, since the thing says it's made out of "foam". It really doesn't feel like foam to me, so im confused.
The board was $20 and I don't want to have to buy another one if we screw it up. I figured a lot of you moms are crafty and could help out, so thanks.

xtina34

Asked by xtina34 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=443650&cm_mmc=Traffic%20Leader-_-Overture_SMX-_-Tape%20Adhesives-_-443650

Try rubber cement. You can get it at just about any store. I think that walmart carries it. I used this for presentation boards for school. If you drip some on the board, it will peel of easily once it dries and it dries pretty quickly-quicker than the white elmer's glue. And it holds very tight-but you can still peel it off. It works very well.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would think the only part that is "foam" is between the paper layers, so elmers glue should work. Can you test a small spot on the back?
    Moomie

Answer by Moomie at 10:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have done this with Elmers - but I like the idea that if you screw you you can peel off the rubber cement. Good luck sucka!
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The rubber cement was actually recommended by the instructor for the class that I used it for. I was in an interior design class (I have since changed my major) and we had to put fabric and wall covering samples and pictures of furniture and stuff on presentation boards with labels. It worked really well. It even held tiles on the board.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You guys all were very helpful, except you Jspy (as usual).

Anyway, I do feel stupid now for thinking the whole d*mn thing was made of foam, so thank you Moomie. Thanks for reminding me I didn't finish college.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2009