• In the Spotlight:

What is your First Thought of Someone who is on Prozac?

Or what do you think when you hear that someone is on it? There is a personal reason why I want to know. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• I know plenty of people who are on medications fro depression or other psychological issues. I don't "think" anything of them unless they are acting crazy.. Just kidding. really, if I found out that someone I know is on meds I don't really care. I feel that they are doing their best to take care of themselves to live a happy and healthy life. Nothing wrong with that at all. It is the non-medicated people that scare me. I know a few of them who are severely depressed, suicidal, etc. I would much rather see them taking meds than being sick and miserable or possibly harming themselves or someone else. It takes a lot of courage to get help, whether it be meds and/or counseling.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't think much about it, personally. Anybody who has lived very long at all or had a tough ife needs help sometimes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• life not ife, lol.
    KARRIEMARIE

• My mom is on prozac. I dont think any thing differently about them, itsapart of who they are.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm on an anti-depressant, I personally, have heard bad things about Prozac. But I don't think any less of the person.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Good for them for trying to better themselves if they have deppression issues
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Someone tells me "she's on prozac"

My first though, "So?"
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't think about it much at all since I'm on a medication similar myself.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• OP here...
    Thanks everyone for your nice answers, I feel so much better now! :) I was on Cymbalta for Postpartum depression and post traumatic stress disorder, but went off of it for personal reasons. I was recently prescribed Prozac by my Dr. but have had a hard time getting myself to fill the prescription and take it. I have heard so much negative stuff about it and about those to whom it's prescribed, it just made me feel sort of funny about being on it. Thanks again!

Anonymous