This is terrible.

I was laying down like ten minutes ago and started thinking about when I went to the Rocky Mountains about ten years ago. I thought maybe it would be fun to take my 18 month old son when he gets older. Suddenly, the sight of him falling from the mountain popped in my head. I got up ran to his room and picked him up and hugged him. I'm still upset over it. And this happens sometimes. I'll be thinking about something and all of a sudden something happening to him will pop in my head. Needless to say, I'm not taking him to the Rocky Mountains...EVER!

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 6:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Aww that just means you're protective of your son and that's a good thing!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 6:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Good Lord I thought I was crazy, I do this too and I automatically start freaking out over it and grab my kids and hug them almost in tears. I can't stand the thought of anything ever happening to my babies yet things randomly pop into my head
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The same thing happens to me my son is 16 and it happens all the time but the bad thing never does happen. Well except the time he broke his ankle at his biofathers and when the phone rang (bio's GF calling for me to meet them at the ER) I 'saw' his bone sticking out of his skin before I even answered the phone but it was not broken that badly.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I do the same thing and mone is 15 months. The other day Avery and I were in the front yard and all the sudden it popped into my head that a car could come down the road and loose controll and drive into our yard and it him. Pretty unlikely but I picked him up and took him into the back yard. The other night I had a dream we were walking across the street and I was holding his hand and he went a little infront of me and a car came and hit him while I was holding his hand. I think it's a normal maternal thing. It's our job to protect them and sometimes that kicks into overdrive.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Normal! If I had a nickel for every time I had horrible thoughts about my children's impending death-scenarios, I could afford a padded house for them! LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I 'm prego right now I have about 6 wks left . I dream the craziest thing will happen when I have her like I will die or she going to die. I am high risk and up until this point I have been on a high . I think its something that just gets set into our mom system the being of what if. You should just try and relax vacation somewhere else before you take him to the Rockys. If you got the means to teach him and let him see the world don' t let fear of what if hold you back.
    thisisthe1stone

Answer by thisisthe1stone at 3:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009