Is it bad to be sick (not morning sickness) during pregnancy?! I have a sore throat, body feels hot, & i am sorta feeling weak.

victim0fyrsmile

Asked by victim0fyrsmile at 7:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is ok your only human just cause your pregnant doesnt mean you cant sick..call you ob and they will give you a list of meds you can take..
    Anonymous

• I was feeling the same way a few weeks ago. Unfortunately there aren't many medicines you can take, at least not that my doctor approved. She told me as long as I don't get a fever above 101 to just wait it out. Sure enough it went away and I feel fine now and all I took was tylenol for the headaches.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Just make sure you keep an eye on your temp (if it gets to high you may have an infection and may need antibiotics for you and baby) and stay hydrated. If you really feel like you need to take something do as the pp said and call your doc to see what you can take. You can also look on www.safefetus.com to get a general idea of meds that are safe to take, but ask your doctor too just in case you have any special circumstances. I actually got pneumonia while pregnant with my last and had to go on antibiotics, my dd was fine she showed no signs that she was effected by it at all but it was scary for me.
    Anonymous