Pigs in a blanket - how do YOU make them?

I'm thinking about making them for dinner. I have a can of biscuits and a pack of hot dogs...I should cut the hot dogs in half, right? I haven't had pigs in a blanket since I was a kid, and I don't remember how my mom made them.

There are many, many ways I've seen people do them...share your recipe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No you just wrap the biscuits around the hot dog and bake them until the biscuits are done
    Irishtwin08

Answer by Irishtwin08 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yeah, I cut them in half and flattened the biscuits and cut them in half, too, to make the can of biscuits stretch for the whole package of hot dogs.
    Anonymous

• I usually use crescent rolls cut in half around little smokie. =)

BUT if I had on hand what you have, I would cut the hot dogs in half, and wrap half a biscuit around them (like pull the biscuit apart to where is looks like 2 flat biscuits.) That way the biscuit gets done all the way through. Also you could add some cheese in there. Yummy!
    JudesMomma

Answer by JudesMomma at 7:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I also use crescent rolls cut and little smokies
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I flatten the biscuits a little and wrap around the hotdog. I will have to cut them in half next time,maybe the biscuits will cook all the way then.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I use crescent rolls around a full size dog with a slice of cheese folded in half (to make a triangle) so that it fits inside the crescent without oozing out. I bake them unitl the crescents are done. Everyone at my house loves them.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009