what can i gave my 18 months old for super-diarrhea?

She began having super-runs about 2 hrs ago....what is a good remedy for a child this age?

Ladyheeb12

Asked by Ladyheeb12 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• If she's not puking, give her all the starches and carbs she wants. (as her appetite will allow)

Bananas are great for bulking.

bananas, breads, crackers, rices, potatoes, pastas....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• it is important to give alot of fluid to your child when they have this and if in doubt go see a gp but they normally fix itself within 24hours if child is in nappies make sure to clean area cafefully and apply a thin layer of nappy rash cream to the area as it will become sore for child. doctors normally say it doesn't matter if your child wont eat anything well they have it and this is really normal but they must drink and if they don't you will have to take to doctor
    Anonymous

• Cheese will also help! Unless your child is lactose intolerant or is allergic to dairy products? Have you given her a lot of apple juice--that could cause diarrhea too! You could switch to white grade juice as an alternative. If the diarrhea lasts more than 2 days, I would call your pediatrician. Keep giving your child fluids so she doesn't dehydrate, and watch that she doesn't develop a fever and chills.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• * grape :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• There's the BRAT help. That is bananas, rice, apples and toast. My cousin was very sick when he was a baby. The old doctor suggested boiling rice and giving the baby rice water. That did the trick. It is free and it won't hurt. Good luck! grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 7:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Two or three table spoons of sugary orange or grape pop every few hours. I learned this tip from a baby book and haven't gone back since. Four kids later, it still works. It puts the sugar back in their system that the problem is taking out! Works good for vomiting too. It won't rot their teeth, it's a one time thing!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009