OMG! How many of you had a your.....

membranes stripped? How do they do it? When did you go into labor after it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh my gosh. it hurt soo bad. we did it on a monday and had him on thursday.
    (but i also walked about 5 miles too)

Anonymous

• I had mine stripped!! I was 39 weeks along and absolutely miserable and having all sorts of problems with blodd pressure so the doctor decided to do it!! I dont know how its done, all I know is the doc basically does an internal, then they push their fingers way up in there and it is not the best feeling. I immediately started contracting and went into labor that night and had my daughter the next day!! It was not comfortable at all, but it was totally worth it!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• the dr will stick their fingers up to your cervix, and will rub them, and try to open them. it gets them to open up, and thin out.
    Anonymous

• i had mines done and it hurt but it worked i had my baby the next moring.......i had contractions and tried sleeping threw them
    Anonymous

• The doctor/midwife separates the bag of waters from the uterus lining. It hurts and can cause cramping.
    I had mine done 3 times with my son, the third time I had him 14 hours later. I would not suggest it.
    Anonymous