What are the chances of my ultrasound being wrong?

WHen I went in I was 22 wks. the tech. who did my ultrasound kept saying the baby wasn't in good position but when my husband asked what she thought the baby was she said she "guessed" the baby was a girl. I had my friend who is a nurse in OBGYN & my doctor look at the ultrasound & they both said it could very well be a boy because the picture is not clear. I just want to know what are the chances of a girl turning out to be a boy?

Gabby422

Asked by Gabby422 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• very likely if she was not sure. I definitely wouldnt go out and buy all pink. If you do keep the tags on and the receipts just in case. The tech is never supposed to give an answer unless they are absolutely certain so thats a lil bogus of her.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 50/50 chance
    Anonymous

• I have heard that when a tech says they have to take a guess, they always say girl because if they dont see something, then they would guess a girl. That is what my tech said. She wouldnt even take a guess the first time cause she couldnt get a good look.
    Anonymous

• one of my friends was told she was having a boy. she had a baby shower and everyone bought all boy stuff. she had the baby and it turned out to be a girl.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was told a girl. I had a boy...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• with my first the technician couldnt get a good look and she gave me a 70% chance of a girl because she saw something that only girls had(I have no clue what it was called). I had a girl. Dont get your hopes up though, there is always a possiblity of either.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was told at 16 weeks I was having a girl and the tech was 90% sure.. 3 weeks later they "found" the penis. Lol if you can maybe schedule another ultrasound?
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009