The end of the world...

I lost my daughter's lovey today, it's her bunny that she sleeps with. She really really loves it. Does anyone have any advice on how I can help her?

kemclaughlin

Asked by kemclaughlin at 7:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you bought it from a local store you can get another one...
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• oh gosh. this reminds me of last week- we were flying to florida and right as they closed the main cabin door to the plane- my 3 yr old realized he left his bear- sitting in the airport. they even looked for it him before we took off- couldn't find it. It was rough- i mean he did cry a lot but he actually forgot about after a few days. I would try really hard to look for your daughter's bunny, you'll find it eventually- unless its similar to my case... buy her a new one? hmmm...
    Anonymous

• My mother bought it from Michael's last year at Easter time. She checked the San Diego Michael's stores, and I checked the Boise one's and they don't even have anything similar! I cannot even believe it, I feel so bad for her. Every time I think about it, I picture her smiling and hugging her bunny...
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 7:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I called and went to every place we went today, which was only four places and it's not at any of them. Was it hard to get your three year old to sleep?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 7:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well I have a 2 year old and he falls asleep in our bed than I get him and put him in his bed. I have a little night light that casts shape on the ceiling. When he he starts whimpering in his sleep I go to his room and gently pat him on his back and hes ok most of the time. But tell ya what you either get her another similar bunny and tell her thats the lost bunny's sister or you find that bunny ;}
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was told by our pedi to get a few different things that she likes and that way if you lose one it isn't a big deal. I would keep looking and if you can't find it get her another one that is similar. Do you have a pic of the bunny. I work at Michaels in Florida and I bought a bunny that was on Clearance and if it is the same I would be happy to mail it to you for her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• we had that happen we used somthing else I let her have one of my t-shirts it smelled like me it helped explain as well as you can you will try to replace it she will know it was not on purpose prayers I know it can be hard when things happen to our kids I am very protective too
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I lost my daughters woober (named after the noise she made when you flopped it on her. It was a fleece type blanket. We got her a fleece and flopped it on her, and it worked like a charm. I would say try to find something that feels the same, maybe two or three things, and then ask her which one could get to sleep with her tonight, and let her pick.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009