• In the Spotlight:

at what age can you introduce babyfoods?

my son is just four months and we started him on baby cereal, cuz he was throwing up so much he's doing really good on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd wait at least a month.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree, I would wait with all other foods for another month. And then go really slow until 6 months. Like only 2 new foods the 5th month (a fruit and a vege) and stick with 1 cereal, 1 fruit, 1 vege.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I waited till my son was 6 months old to begin solids even though my pediatrition told me I could begin at 4 months, I wish I had began solids earlier then 6 months though because my son was getting really fussy and I thought it was because he was teething but as soon as I began solids he stopped so I guess he was just ready for solid food, it also depends on how interested in food your baby is and their swallow reflex. I agree take it slow on introducing fruits and veggies and be carful with things that have a lot of citrus or cause gas (cauliflower) till your baby's use to digesting new things, but other then that I think if he's doing well on rice cereal continue.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my ped put my dd on stage 1 foods at 4 months because she was a piggy!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• http://www.aap.org/publiced/BR_Solids.htm

Aap recommends 4-6 months. Realistically the mommy of the child is going to make the best choice. For us we started at 4 months because I could tell my baby was ready for it. I wouldn't tell another mom to start earlier than she was comfortable with though. It's totally up to the mommy.

We started with rice cereal for 1-2 weeks then started to slowly introduce new fruits and veggies.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• alll depends on how much of a little oinker you have lol!! I started trying out a few with my daughter at about 3 mo... it took about two weeks for her to catch on but now she loves it!
    torimommy21

Answer by torimommy21 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009